Horseshoe Bay 3

So I had finished writing the engineer portion of the character introductions which was originally going to be part three, but as soon as I started part 4 the doctor I immediately changed gears and decided to put it out first. I really like this intro as for the first time you really see some personality shining through. So here ya go Part 3.


"Damnit to hell, “I cant work in these conditions. Rust everywhere, broken equipment, for god sake when was the last time the damn x-ray machine didn't irradiate someone half to death, not to mention there's no such thing as a decent...

The skinny doctor known to the officers as 'Papa-kitty' or 'doc' for most of the crew, picked up a tray of semi clean metal instruments and threw it against the wall of his small office. Almost almost sending a scalpel through the tail of his pet cat.

“May as well just grind up some mold growing in the kitchen and hand it out in pill form.”

“First off there’s no mold in the kitchen, and second would that really work?” asked Valkyrie. Who had perched himself against the half open hatchway just in time for the doctor's little show of affection.

“What, oh! Hey!”
Valkyrie opened the hatch the rest of the way and entered the office.

“Having a bit of a bad day are we?” Valk asked setting his clipboard down on the examination chair.

“Oh its probably not that, bad I'm just exhausted, didn’t sleep worth a shit last night, you know how it is.” Doc said.

“Guess so, only I know for a fact you haven’t slept a decent night in months, think all this might be getting to ya?” Valkyrie.
“Hhaaaaaaaaa” he exhausted a long drawn out sigh. I'm probably just bored, for god sake today I treated a shipmate for a damn sprained wrist, that he apparently got while playing guitar hero. Pssh!”

“What about your plants, don't those keep ya busy, how's that little vegetable garden you call medicine doing?”

Papp-akitty noticeably perked up.“Actually not bad I mean with the light rations so low right now its hard to get real fast growth but they’re comin along quite nicely. But then again they do the growing themselves while I sit here and fix hangnails.”

“Ha Ha, I thought you were supposed to be a doctor or something, not a florist.” Valkyrie muttered under a laugh.

“Why can't I be both.”

“Alright doc I'm ending the conversation right here.” He said under another chuckle. “If you want excitement I've got some for ya, cap needs volunteers for a supply run, and having a medic with the group would certainly make finding more volunteers easier. Plus extra rati..”

“Are you kidding sign me up... Wait I get a gun right." Doc.

“Ummm of course, no one leaves the ship with ought a side arm.” Valkyrie.

“Screw that, If I'm headed out there I want a big gun, not some wimpy little pistol, I've seen first hand what those raiders can do!”

“Tell ya what, you sign up and Ill make sure you have the largest gun you can carry.”

“That's more like it!”

“Put your name here Papa.” Valk handed the clipboard to the doctor. “You know your the strangest man I know, the florist doctor who carries a rocket launcher, some one ought to write a book about you.”

0 comments: