Until Quake Do us Part

I arose for the last time this morning to the view of the Wisconsin sun rising ever so smoothly over the Ledge. No matter where I have been, Canada, Florida Keys, there is just something about the Wisconsin sun that for whatever reason calms me down. I took my last soft water shower in the pure limestone filtered water of the Fond du Lac aquifers. Man how I love soap that foams when you lather yourself up in it. Well anyway enough with the mental pictures of me in the shower with a bar of Lever 2000 soap.

I am sure by know that everybody who reads this blog knows that I am leaving for Texas tomorrow morning for Quakecon in Grapevine, and after School back in PV. Last year I was unable to attend Quakecon since I have Navy training oh man the day I found out about that you did not want to be by me.

So what is this Quakecon that I keep on obsessing over? To put it quite simply a bunch of people (mostly guys) from all over the world travel to Grapevine TX with their computers and play games against one another.

For all the information you need just go to the Quake official Page here. Also this year there will be live video coverage of the event here you might eve see me and the guys pippin’ it up on DM 13.

In all seriousness though my time at home this summer has been great I got together with a bunch of old friends, goofed around a little, and overall had a great time. My Navy duty was not that bad although I would not have been at all sad if my wish came true and for whatever reason they canceled my duty. I want to thank everybody for a great summer and I can’t wait until I come home next. Until then I have my games to keep me company, Go Quakecon 2005.

QUAKCON FRAG
(to the tune of jingle bells)
Geeks that smell,
hot as hell,
twelve-mile-long line...
Give me shwag
you noobie f4g
it's almost quakecon time.

In the summer heat
we'll be on our feet
monitors in our arms
like a big geek farm...

We shoot digital guns.
They'll blow up your buns.
Sending giblets everywhere
Oh boy, quakecon is fun, OH!


Geeks that smell,
hot as hell,
twelve-mile-long line...
Give me shwag
you noobie f4g
it's almost quakecon time!

0 comments: