Umbrellas don’t do any good on the ground

Well three finals down four to go. This week has been the longest I have had in a long time, the hours just seem to be inching along. It’s also getting hard to keep my mind on studying these last few days before I leave, I find myself drifting away with mental pictures of seeing Kim again more often then my books want me to. As nice as a few of the days have been her (actually hitting 80 the other day) as of lately the campus has been overrun with that of gray smog and gloomy rain torrential thunderstorms at night and winds that seem to cut the nice out of the day like a knife. Walking between classes it’s not uncommon to see the lone top or bottom half of a blown apart umbrella emerged in a puddle muddy water. I myself had to salvage my eight dollar umbrella yesterday after a gust of wind made short work of it. With spring break so close, midterms, and the weather being as it is, the campus atmosphere seems almost like that something Stephen King would write about.

Anyway for some good news for a change. Today I was awarded 600 smackers of naval leadership money. The commanding officers give this money out to MIDN who best exemplify the navy’s core values. I guess I was not entirely surprised to hear my name on the list as I worked my butt off for them this semester, …………….but 600 dollars I was not expecting that. Ok here’s the best part about this, this extra money means that the navy has paid for my full tuition and then some. Now………I am actually going to get money back for going to school. Can you believe that?!! All I have to say is I guess hard work does “pay” off. Maybe that new Video card inset that far off.

3 comments:

E said...

I enjoy reading about umbrellas on the ground. I study at the University of Salamanca - hope you know it. Here it is also cold and windy. I've just set my blog and come across yours, hope you will visit mine:
www.myclownworld.blogspot.com
I'll try to translate some texts into English. I do Translation and Interpreting, but I don't know if I ll be able to translate myself into English... too difficult maybe. Well, why not? It would be a challenge to face up to. Bye!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Navy man--you did work your butt off and we're all proud of you. Good luck on the rest of your tests.

WPLXB70 said...

http://www.gustbuster.com/

600 Simoleons for being a leader? The money the military wastes for "leaders"... Hehehe... I just got all my old Woodworth teachers to put the pre-made "leadership skils" statement on my report cards...

I'm done making fun of Brian, who is ALMOST as smart as me, and that's saying something...